13 mei 2011

Antwerp is the new Paris

Because a shopaholic can never have enough clothes, it's time to do some shopping tomorrow. I'm going to Antwerp, the shopping capital of Belgium. It's only since recently I came familiar with this city as a shoppingwalhalla. Even though this Belgian city is familiar all over the world for it's designers and fashion, I never gave it the credit it deserves.

But since I started working there, I'm getting to know the city a little bit better and boy, Antwerp is spoiled! There are too many amazing stores for my shopping budget. For those among you who didn't have the chance to discover the city yet (or planning to visit it and want to get to know some great addresses), I'll regularly give you an update on what's hot and what's not in Antwerp.

Some stores which are definitely on my to visit list tomorrow:

+ Graanmarkt 13 : A very recent conceptstore/restaurant. At first sight, you think it's a regular house, but that's all part of the concept. It's a mix of homy cosiness and loft-like elements, which makes you feel right at ease. And what clothing is concerned, you can find some young talent, together with established names like Isabel Marant, Coming Soon, Alexander Wang, Thakoon.

+ Les Petites : I'm a huge fan of this French brand and since a couple of months it finally has its store in Belgium at 'Lombardenvest 22'. I like the brand for its use of quality materials and French touch, which is inspired by Parisian women (how I adore their style!).

+ Labels Inc (Aalmoezenierstraat 4): Secondhand but anything but vintage. It's Antwerp's most famous outlet store. It's offering exclusive men and women collections by prestigious designers, think An Demeulemeester, Martin Margiela, Dries Van Noten, Dior, YSL,... Interesting fact: each month the window shop is at the disposal of new fashion talent from the fashion departement of the Antwerp Royal Academy of Fine Arts. You can't shop in Antwerp without shopping at this store.

There are definitely some more shops that should be on your list, but I can't give away all my best shopping addresses at once. So keep posted for more...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten